A unique opportunity exists for a Supply Chain Manager to become part of our team; Australasia’s largest co-product stockfeed team.
With a heritage dating back to 1923, Castlegate James has been helping Australian farmers and animal nutritionists achieve optimum livestock production targets through a range of high performance, speciality co- product stock feeds and customised rations specifically designed to maximise performance and nutrition of livestock. Castlegate James is also the innovative market leader in providing sustainable repurposing solutions to the Australian and New Zealand food manufacturing industry. Working closely with Australia’s best food brands, we provide an integrated daily supply chain solution and we are actively helping to reduce over 700,000 tonnes of food waste per year that could have gone to landfill. With food waste now a major issue, we are excited about our growth potential ahead.
Reporting to the Group General Manager Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Manager is the day to day contact for all Castlegate James Australia’s key co-product suppliers. The role includes assisting with direct supplier negotiations, supply contract management, freight contractor coordination and the sourcing of new materials required for business development and growth. The role oversees the national supply chain team and works closely with the operations and sales teams in managing the demand planning including the timely movement of all incoming and outgoing freight requirements.
To be successful in this challenging yet highly rewarding position, you will possess the following skills:
- Control and co-ordination of the Castlegate James Australia’s Supply Chain functions including direct responsibility for incoming and outgoing transportation of the Company’s products with optimum efficiency, safety, and economy whilst maximising supplier and customer service levels from collection and delivery.
- To provide leadership to the Australian Supply Chain team, developing and monitoring KPIs and providing coaching and training to direct reports.
- Drive procurement and logistics objectives for the Castlegate James Australia’s business as per budget plan.
- Undertake (and assist as appropriate), negotiations with prospective and existing suppliers of co-products, other products and services including the establishment or renewal of supply agreements and arrangements.
- Ensure that products or services purchased by, and supplied to the business, meet the required physical characteristics and quality specifications.
- Work with suppliers to improve on site and transport efficiencies to improve cost performance.
- Oversee the accurate and timely calculation, recording and advice of contracted purchase prices in accordance with co-product supply agreements and arrangements.
- Work in close co-operation with Sales/Marketing and Operations teams to ensure sales and distribution strategies are aligned with supply commitments and that forward sales planning meets projected product availability to ensure no disruption to our suppliers’ site operations.
- Oversee performance and analysis of transport arrangements including the benchmarking of rates to ensure best practice and competitive freight routing.
- Oversee co-product supplier collection procedures and performance to ensure supplier site storages are effectively cleared in a timely manner and supplier site operations are always uninterrupted whilst ensuring zero non conformances in product quality.
- Ensure freight providers are compliant with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, comply with all Castlegate James Australia and supplier site policies and act in a safe and professional manner.
- To participate in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts, both long and short term, in accordance with Company policy and requirements – in conjunction with the Group General Manager Supply Chain.
Your experience profile will include:
- 5-10+ years demonstrated experience in a similar role in Supply Chain
- Exposure to either an FMCG or supermarket environment ideally at a national level
- Understanding of Chain of Responsibility requirements in Australia.
- Strong experience in buying with direct and indirect commodities.
- Demonstrated expertise in bulk freight, logistics routing and demand planning/S&OP.
- Experience in ERP system management for supply chain, ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365, SAP or similar.
- Exceptional commercial acumen - total supply chain costing/budgetary experience
To be considered for this role, you will be degree qualified preferably in Logistics, Business or Engineering.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our market leading organisation with a commitment to agriculture in Australasia
If you have the required attributes and would like to become part of our team, please apply for this position by including a cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this position together with your resume to; [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer